The assessment of occupational hazards is an integral principle of French occupational health and safety regulations with particular reference to articles L.4121-3 and R.4121-1 of the Fair labour standards act (single document) and the BS OHSAS 18001 standard (occupational health and safety management system).
The assessment must comprise an inventory and an assessment of the identified risks in each work unit of the company or plant.
Since 1999, in order to assist its customers in this type of initiative, the CNPP has developed the DIDERO®© method (the French acronym for Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment and Objectives).
The principles and tools associated with this method can be applied in order to obtain a structured, objective assessment of the risks present within an organisation.
By implementing the DIDERO®© method, it is possible to:
- identify the hazard sources,
- identify the risks associated with the hazard sources involved,
- assess and prioritise the risks,
- draft the corrective action and/or monitoring plans
The method is implemented in six successive phases:
- A functional breakdown of the organisation involved in the assessment,
- Identification of the hazard sources involved in each operation, distinguishing hazards of the accidental type and those of the chronic type,
- The identification of the risks associated with each of the hazard sources,
- Risk assessment
- Risk prioritisation
- Drafting of action plans
An overview of the risk assessment initiative within the meaning of the DIDERO®© method is presented in the synoptic diagram.
In addition, as part of our on-going aim to provide answers tailored to our customers' requirements, the CNPP has applied the structured, objective principles of the DIDERO®© method as part of methodologies suitable for the specific assessment needs of certain risks such as :
- explosion risk assessment (Fair labour standards act - Art R4227-46) with the EVAREX®© method.
- hazardous chemical exposure and risk assessment (Fair labour standards act - Art R4412-5).
Application software for the DIDERO®© method:
With its advanced parameter-setting functions, the software is a tool for designing and updating occupational hazard assessments (Single Document).
Based on the principles of the DIDERO®© method, the tool can be used to:
- Identify and assess occupational risks,
- create, manage and follow-up corrective action and/or monitoring plans
- analyse the results of occupational risk assessments based on statistics and diagrams.
Our offer :
The services provided by the CNPP for occupational hazard assessments include :
- Assistance by a team of consultants,
- The supply of DIDERO®© software,
- In-house or on-site training.
Tél. : +33 (0)18.104.22.168.50
Fax : +33 (0)22.214.171.124.84
E-mail : email@example.com