Notification of Decommissioning
The operators of Facilities Classified for Environmental Protection (ICPE) must notify the Prefect of any cessation in activity, whether total or partial, at least three months before the decommissioning of facilities subject to authorization or registration. This period is extended to one month respectively for facilities subject to declaration and six months for waste storage facilities, geological storage sites for carbon dioxide and quarries.
The notification of decommissioning is an administrative document, the purpose of which is to inform the Prefect of the decommissioning of a facility, and to present the measures taken in particular :
- The disposal of hazardous products,
- The prohibitions or limitations on access to the site,
- The elimination of any risks of fire or explosion,
- Monitoring the effects of the installation on the environment.
R.512-39-1 to R.512-39-6 of the Environment Code (Facilities Classified for Environmental Protection (ICPE) subject to authorization)
R.512-46-25 to R.512-46-29 of the Environment Code (Facilities Classified for Environmental Protection (ICPE) subject to registration)
R.512-66-1 to R.512-66-2 of the Environment Code (Facilities Classified for Environmental Protection (ICPE) subject to notification)
R.553-6 of the Environment Code (electricity generation plant using mechanical wind energy). Circular of 8 February 2007
We assist you in the following :
- Writing the notification of decommissioning file.
- The management and redevelopment of polluted sites and soil within the meaning of the conceptual scheme.
- Site pollution assessment (SPA) (outsourced).
- The management plan (outsourced).
In the same section:
Back to the page "ICPE"