Performance of products and systems
In addition to experimental studies carried out full-scale or the laboratory, we conduct applied research, define new test protocols to characterize innovative products and systems, and take part in numerous technical committees.
Thanks to our long-standing experience, we have all the skills required to test extinguishing agents such as emulsifiers and powders.
Example of studies:
The CAA (Civil Aviation Authority) entrusted the CNPP with an ambitious test programme to develop a selective and repeatable test protocol that allows emulsifier manufacturers to offer products with improved efficiency on kerosene fires. This research is conducted in an international framework with the support of the ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization).
Conventional and innovative fire protection systems
Tests on the performance of the products and systems can be carried out for manufacturers, installers, operators or contracting owners.We have the facilities and skills to test the effectiveness of:
- Conventional automatic fire protection systems designed to protect poorly known risks (e.g. flammable liquids)
- Innovative automatic fire protection systems designed to protect known risks (e.g. water fog systems)
- Innovative automatic fire protection systems designed to protect known or less well-known risks (e.g. protection systems based on aerosol dispensers, tube fuse systems)
- Manual extinguishers and fire hoses
- New extinguishing agents
- Protection systems under development
Here are a few examples:
- Depleted air prevention systems
- Fixed installations for the protection of island cabinets
- Fixed installations for service-station protection
- Evaluation of the performance of fire-extinguishing appliances